What We Do
- Experience in debt placement and refinancing
- Corporate and tax structuring
- Cash and distribution management
- Relationships with institutional and specialty lenders
- Proven success in strategic partnerships through debt restructuring
- Direct relationships brand personnel
- Active P&L management with expertise in hotel, retail, spa and food & beverage operations
- Co-developed the luxury residential model with Ritz-Carlton and pioneered the luxury condo-hotel rental program structure
- Expertise in design, construction and purchasing
- Recognized for unique design efforts within local markets
- Work closely with all core competencies to see transactions from initial stage through closing
- Identify strategic opportunities through single-asset, portfolio and joint venture transactions
- Sell, joint venture and/or syndicate mature assets to create liquidity, growth capital and maximize returns to shareholders
- Ability to explore and execute on multiple exit strategies within private and public markets
- Sales & marketing efforts uniquely tailored for each project and local market
- Cost effective programs and creative financing solutions for buyers
- Dynamic management of marketing efforts to drive further momentum and sales
- Expertise in condominium / HOA management
Gencom is a family of companies involved in all aspects of the hospitality industry. Founded in 1987 by Karim Alibhai, the Gencom family of companies have become one of North America’s leading hospitality and luxury hospitality-related residential real estate investment and development firms.
The Gencom family of companies offers expertise in many distinct areas including finance and capital markets, asset management, design and development, M&A and equity management and residential sales & marketing. In addition, the management team has a wealth of experience through several business cycles; and members of senior management have an average of 25 years of industry experience and an average of 12 years with Gencom associated companies.
Gencom companies’ successful track record has led to significant ventures with prominent institutional investors, prominent family groups and other strategic partners both domestically and internationally.
Gencom companies have maintained a strong market position in a variety of asset segments and investments within domestic and international lodging markets.
During its foundation years, Gencom’s focus was on executing turnaround and repositioning strategies that involved portfolio and single asset transactions within a variety of hospitality segments including luxury, limited-service and full-service assets. Since 1997, the Gencom family of companies have expanded their focus and involvement to also include the acquisition and development of luxury mixed-use hotels and resorts with ancillary residential components.
In addition to being one of the largest owners of Ritz-Carlton properties, the Gencom family of companies have had great success in working with and owning assets under multiple brands including Marriott, Hyatt, Wyndham, Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson, Renaissance, Summerfield Suites, Holiday Inn and Intercontinental.